Wednesday, January 16, 2008

The Lab Pet



My next door neighbors in Second Life are the people running an artificial ecology experiment. I once met one of their park rangers, but I still have not met the scientists. Interestingly, some of their life forms are able to cross over from the artificial ecology system...I am not sure how they do that, but the life froms are mobile. So, I proceeded to capture one of these organisms and keep it in my lab as a pet and to do experiments on. The artificial life forms promises to reproduce and evolve if one feeds it a dollar. I have fed it some Lindens, but no reproduction yet. I would like to learn more about how these organsms work...one of these days I am looking forward to meet Lucifitias Neurocam who runs the artificial ecology experiment lab and chat with him about what he does and these creatures. Anyway, I am going to keep this artificial life form in my lab as a pet, unless my next door neighbors comes to claim it. I may do some experiments with it. Already, I know that it can be easily transported, so that is a good start...Anybody interested in buying these animals, I would also be happy to sell them.

No comments:

About Me

I am Assistant Professor at the University of Michigan College of Pharmacy, Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences